- Charles Harbord, 5th Baron Suffield
Charles was a son of the 3rd Baron Suffield. His father died in 1835 and in 1853, his childless, elder half-brother (his father's successor) died and Charles inherted his title.
Educated at King's College School, Charles married at 24 on 4 May 1854 for his first wife Cecilia Annetta Baring (Revelstoke, sister of 1st Baron Revelstoke), a daughter of renowned banker, Henry Baring. They had > children (7 daughters):
- Charles Harbord, 6th Baron Suffield (14 June 1855–10 February 1924)
- Hon. Cecilia Margaret Harbord (15 June 1856–6 October 1934), married the 1st Marquess of Lincolnshire and had issue.
- Hon. Alice Marion Harbord (23 June 1857–1940), married the 2nd Baron Hillingdon and had issue.
- Hon. Elizabeth Evelyn Harbord (23 February 1860–19 February 1957), married the 20th Baron Hastings.
- daughter HARBORD (died in infancy, 1860)
- Assheton Edward HARBORD, b. 20 January 1861 Harlestone, Northamptonshire, d. 18 July 1929
- Hon. Judith HARBORD, b. 12 June 1862 Gunton Park, Norfolk, d. 4 February 1942
- Hon. Winifred HARBORD, b. 31 December 1864 Gunton, Norfolk, d. 6 January 1949, married in 1889 capt. Geoffry Carr Giyn
- Hon. Eleanor HARBORD b. ca. 1868 Gunton, Norfolk, d. 12 July 1936
- Hon. Bridget Louisa HARBORD, b. ca. 1871 London, d. 24 September 1951
Cecilia died in 1911 and after he married in August 1911 at age of 81 for Frances Amelia Jessie Eliot GABBETT, daughter of Major Robert Pool GABBETT RHA.
He was a President of the Royal Cromer golf club in 1887. In fact Lord Suffield was landlord of the golf's land. His son 6th Baron Suffield and his grandsons also were members of the club and land owners. He was one of the nearest friends of the Prince of Wales the future Edward VII.
Political offices Preceded by
The Earl of Haddington
The Earl of Kenmare
The Marquess of Waterford
Master of the Buckhounds
The Earl of Coventry
Peerage of Great Britain Preceded by
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.