Commute, commutation or commutative may refer to:
- Commuting, the process of travelling between a place of residence and a place of work
- Commutative property, a property of a mathematical operation
- Commutation of sentence, a reduction in severity of punishment
- Commutation (neurophysiology), how certain neural circuits in the brain exhibit noncommutativity
- Tonggeun, a class of train in Korea which translates to "Commuter"
- Commutation, a synonym for switching in computer networking and telecommunications
- Commutation, the action of applying currents or voltages to the proper electrical motor phases so as to produce optimum motor torque at a motor's shaft. See Commutator (electric).
- Commutation, where a member of a pension scheme gives up part or their entire pension in exchange for an immediate lump sum payment. It is also known as a cash option.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.