- Aya Sugimoto
Female adult bio
name = Aya Sugimoto
birth = birth date and age|1968|07|19 [Infobox data from cite web |url=http://i-dic.dorachan.com/data?sgmay_01|title=杉本 彩 (Sugimoto Aya)|accessdate=2007-05-24|work= [http://i-dic.dorachan.com/ 'Web I-dic' (Idol Dictionary)] |language=Japanese; Height and Weight from cite web |url=http://www.aya-sugimoto.com/top_h/profile/index.html|title=Profile|accessdate=2007-05-24|work=aya-sugimoto.com|language=Japanese]
measurements = 86-58-86(cm)
height = height|m=1.68
weight = convert|52|kg|lb st|abbr=on|lk=on
shoe size =
eye color =
hair color =
skin color =
natural bust =
ethnicity = Japanese
alias = Tomoe Sugimoto [cite web |url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=17904|title=Aya SUGIMOTO|accessdate=2007-05-24|work=
Anime News Network|language=English]
homepage = http://www.aya-sugimoto.com/top_h/index.html
imdb = 0837489
nihongo|Aya Sugimoto|杉本 彩|Sugimoto Aya|
July 19, 1968- is a Japanese singer, model, actress, dancer, and erotic novel author from Kyoto.
In early 2003, Sugimoto's figure led her to be chosen as the spokeswoman for B-Up Drops, or Bust Up Drops. A candy made from vegetables, B-Up Drops were promoted as a dietary supplement which would help increase and maintain a woman's bustline. Then 34, Sugimoto was quoted in the ad as claiming, "My boobs are so big, it's hard to maintain the right shape... Being my age, I knew I had to do something about it. And that's when I started using B-Up Drops."
She is best known in Japan for her J-Pop career (#1 Singles "Usagi" , "Boys" and "Gorgeous") and movie career. Among the many roles she has played, one of her better known is that of Queen Beryl in the 2003-2004 TV series "
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon".
In July 2003, Sugimoto went through a high-profile divorce from her husband of 11 years. Claiming that there was not enough sex in her marriage, the term "sexless divorce" became a catch-phrase among frustrated wives in Japan. Sugimoto said, "I didn't think it was such a big deal. I actually thought that it was a healthier reason for wanting out than a lot of other mud-dragging type of divorces."
After the notoriety she gained from the publicity surrounding the divorce, Sugimoto was one of the outspoken guests on the Friday late-night
TV Tokyotalk show, "Yearnings of the Goddess". She later wrote a book which became a major hit. In 2004, she starred in director Takashi Ishii's remake of Oniroku Dan's S&M novel, "Flower and Snake". [cite web |url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388098/|title="Hana to hebi" (2004)|accessdate=2007-05-24|language=English|work= IMDB] Working with bondage master Go Arisue, she reprised the role first played by Naomi Taniin director Masaru Konuma's version of the novel, " Flower and Snake" (1974).
In September 2008, Sugimoto became the first Japanese model in
PETA's international nude anti-fur campaign. [ [http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080917/ts_afp/entertainmentfilmjapananimallifestyle_080917075943 Yahoo News] ]
*Mizu no Naka no Chiisana Taiyou (水の中の小さな太陽) (1988)
*Shakunetsu Densetsu (灼熱伝説) (1989)
*Japanese Dream (1990)
*Shiseikatsu (私生活) (1991)
*Femme Fatale (1995)
*13 Hi no Hana (13日のルナ) (1988)
*Nichiyoubi wa Dame yo (日曜日はダメよ) (19898)
*B & S (1990)
*Gorgeous (ゴージャス) (1990)
*Kagayaitete... (輝いてて・・・) (1991)
*Ai ga Shiritai (愛が知りたい) (1992)
*Le Soir ~Eien no Wakare~ (Le SOIR～永遠の別れ～) (1993)
* 2006 : "Ghost Train" ("Otoshimono"), de Takeshi Furusawa
* 2006 : "Trapped Ashes", de Sean S. Cunningham, John Gaeta,
Monte Hellman, Ken Russellet Joe Dante
* 2006 : "LoveDeath", de
* 2005 : "Hana to hebi 2: Pari/Shizuko", de Takashi Ishii
* 2005 : "Gokudô no onna-tachi: Jôen", d'Hajime Hashimoto
* 2004 : "Girlfriend: Someone Please Stop the World", de
* 2004 : "Hana to hebi", de Takashi Ishii
* 2003 : "
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon", de Ryuta Tazaki
* 2002 : "" ("Urutoraman Kosumosu: Buru Puranetto"), de Tsugumi Kitaura
* 1998 : "Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light" ("Urutoraman Tiga & Urutoraman Daina: Hikari no hoshi no senshi tachi"), de Kazuya Konaka
* 1994 : "A New Love in Tokyo" ("Ai no shinsekai"), de Banmei Takahashi
* 1993 : "Megami ga kureta natsu", de Takeo Imai
* 1987 : "Shonan bakusozoku: Bomber Bikers of Shonan" ("Shônan bakusôzoku"), de Nobutaka Nishizawa et Daiki Yamada
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moonas Queen Beryl
Jigoku Shoujoas Hone Onna
* Ketchum, Jack. (2007). "Flower and Snake 2": A Dialogue" in "Asian Cult Cinema", #54, pp. 57-62.
* [http://celebrity.rightpundits.com/?p=4395 Aya Sugimoto is Nude for PETA] Biography, Photos and video.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.