Fonseca is a common Portuguese, Galician and Italian surname, whilst the variation Fonseka is common in Sri Lanka. A habitational name from any of several places named for a spring that dried up during the summer months, from fonte seca ‘dry well.’
It may refer to:
- Blanca Fonseca Vda. de Diaz, former business owner diseased in Granada.
- Roberto Antonio Diaz Fonseca, Veterinarian; graduated from University of California at Davis, USA. Currently has a veterinary clinic in Managua, Nicaragua.
- William Jose Diaz Fonseca, former business owner, Kodak GM, and current attorney-at-law in Granada, Nicaragua.
- Jorge Luis Diaz Fonseca, Doctor of Veterinary, owner of veterinary hospital in Managua, Nicaragua. Attneded a university in Paris, France.
- Fonseca, Colombian singer
- Adriana Fonseca, Mexican actress
- Alonso III Fonseca (1475-1534), Galician archbishop and politician.
- Angelo da Fonseca (1902-1967), Goan Catholic artist
- Bruno Fonseca (1958-1994), United States artist
- Carlos Fonseca Amador, Nicaraguan founder of the Sandinistas
- Carlos Fonseca, Brazilian boxer
- Carolyn De Fonseca, United States actress
- Celso Fonseca, Brazilian Samba, Bossa Nova and MPB guitarist and vocalist
- Daniel Fonseca, Uruguayan football (soccer) player
- Danny Fonseca, Costa Rican football (soccer) player
- David Fonseca, Portuguese singer
- Deodoro da Fonseca, first President of the Republic of Brazil
- Edgar Fonseca, Colombian road cyclist
- Edison Fonseca, Colombian football (soccer) player
- Francisco Fonseca, Mexican football (soccer) player
- Fumilay Fonseca, São Toméan race walker
- Graciano Fonseca, Colombian road cyclist
- Hermes Rodrigues da Fonseca, President of Brazil
- Isaac Aboab da Fonseca (1605-1693), rabbi, scholar, kabbalist and writer
- Luis Fonseca, Venezuelan long-distance runner
- Lyndsy Fonseca, United States actress
- Pablo Fonseca de Pinho, Brazilian fine artist and jazz musician
- Peter Fonseca, Canadian politician
- Roberto Fonseca, Cuban jazz pianis
- Rolando Fonseca, Costa Rican football (soccer) player
- Sarath Fonseka, Former General and the Commander of Sri Lankan Army, Chief of Defense staff Sri Lankan Tri Forces and later Sri Lankan presidential candidate 2010
- Todd A. Fonseca, American author of juvenile fiction
- Tiago Cardoso Fonseca, Brazilian footballer
- Fonseca (cigar brand), two brands of Cuban and Dominican cigars
- Fonseca (port), brand of Portuguese port wine
- Fonseca (Niterói), neighborhood of Niteroi in Brazil
- Fonseca, La Guajira, town and municipality in Colombia.
- Gulf of Fonseca, gulf in Central America
- Fonseca Atlético Clube, a Brazilian football (soccer) club
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.