- Maintenance Operations Protocol
The Maintenance Operation Protocol (MOP) is used for utility services such as uploading and downloading system software, remote testing and problem diagnosis. It was a proprietary protocol of Digital Equipment Corporation. MOP frames can be one of the following commands:
- [memory load data] Contains memory load data.
- [mem load request] Request fort memory load segment.
- [mem load w/addr] Memory load with transfer address.
- [par load w/addr] Parameter load with transfer address.
- [dump service req] Request for assistance with dump operation.
- [mem dump request] Request for next memory dump segment.
- [memory dump data] Contains memory dump data.
- [dump completed] Acknowledgment of dump completion.
- [volunteer assist] Offer of dump/load/loop assistance.
- [request program] Request for system or loader program.
- [rem boot request] Request for boot program.
- [remote ID reqst] Request for remote console identification.
- [remote system ID] Remote console identification information.
- [counters request] Request for communication information counters.
- [counters reply] Communication information counters.
- [reserve console] Remote console in reserved state.
- [release console] Release of remote console from reserved state.
- [rem console poll] Poll of remote console for status.
- [rem console rply] Response to remote console poll.
- [loopback request] Request to loopback enclosed data.
- [loopback reply] Response to loopback request with data.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.