- Fujiwara no Kaneie
, third son of
Fujiwara no Morosuke, was a kugyoof the Heian periodwho served as Sessho and Kampaku, regent positions. His mother was Fujiwara no Moriko (藤原盛子), daughter of Fujiwara no Tsunekuni. His daughters were mothers of Ichijō and Sanjō. Though after his rival brother Kanemichi's death in 977 he couldn't become Kampaku, he was appointed to Udaijinby his cousin Yoritada who became Kampaku after Kanemichi's death. He and his son Michikane encouraged Emperor Kazan to abdicate to accelerate Kaneie's accession to regent, and by the succession of Emperor Ichijō, he became Sessho of Emperor Ichijō.
Kaneie is referred to as "Higashi-sanjō Dono" (東三条殿) by his residence.
* Anna 1 (968): Ju Sammi (従三位)
* Anna 2 (967): Chūnagon (中納言)
Tenroku3 (972): Gon-no- Dainagon(権大納言)
Jōgen3, on the 2nd day of the 10th month (978): Udaijin(右大臣)
Kanna2, on the 24th day of the 6th month (986): Sessho (摂政) for Emperor Ichijō
* Kanna 2, on the 20th day of the 7th month (986): retire from Udaijin
Eiso1, on the 20th day of the 12th month (989): Daijō Daijin(太政大臣)
Shōryaku1, on the 5th day of the 5th month (990): Kampaku (関白) and retire from Daijō Daijin
* Shōryaku 1, on the 8th day of the 5th month (990): He became a priest.
* Shōryaku 1, in the 2nd day of the 7th month (
31 July 990): Kaneie died at the age of 62.
Marriages and children
He was married to Fujiwara no Tokihime (藤原時姫), daughter of Fujiwara no Nakamasa.
They had five children.
* Michitaka (道隆) (953-995) -
Sessho and Kampakuof Emperor Ichijō 990-995
* "Chōshi" (超子) (?-982), consort of
Emperor Reizeiand mother of Emperor Sanjō
* Michikane (道兼) (961-995) - Kampaku of Emperor Ichijō 995
* "Senshi" (詮子) (962-1002), consort of
Emperor En'yūand mother of Emperor Ichijō
* Michinaga (道長) (966-1028) - Kampaku of Emperor Go-Ichijō 1016-1017
He was also married to a daughter of Fujiwara no Tomoyasu (藤原倫寧の娘), called "Udaisyō Michitsuna no Haha" (Mother of Udaishō Michitsuna) (右大将道綱母). She wrote
They had a son.
* Michitsuna (道綱) (955-1020) -
The other chidren were
* Michiyoshi (道義) (mother: a daughter of Fujiwara no Tadamoto)
* "Suishi"/Yasuko (綏子) (974-1004) (mother: a daughter of Fujiwara no Kuniaki), consort of
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.