Plucker is an offline Web and free
e-book readerfor Palm OSbased handheld devices, Windows Mobile(PocketPC) devices and other handheld PDAs.
POSIXtools, scripts and "conduits" which work on UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windowsand Mac OS X.
Web pages can be processed, compressed, and transferred to the PDA for viewing by the Plucker viewer.
Plucker supports many advanced features, including:
* Clickable images (with pan and zoom)
* Italic and narrow support
* [http://projects.plkr.org/custom-anti-aliased-fonts/ High-resolution fonts]
* Multiple concurrent documents (more than one copy of the same material)
* Configurable display options (rotation, configurable toolbars)
* Advanced stylus options (gestures and hardware button navigation)
* [http://www.zlib.net ZLib] and DOC compression (in native and [http://www.copera.com/zlib-armlet ARM] optimized versions)
* Python, C++ and
Perldistillers and scripts
* A Microsoft Windows [http://desktop.plkr.org/ fully-integrated graphical installer]
Through the use of intelligent "distillers" written in many common languages (currently Python, C++ and
Perlwith third-party versions written in Java), content can be created for Plucker from many sources, including RSS, RDF, text files, HTML,
Plucker is licensed under the
GNU General Public Licenseand is Free Software.
* - Subset of 2000 Wikipedia articles available in Plucker format
FBReader- a free software FictionBook ebook reader which can also view Plucker and HTML files.
* [http://plkr.org/samples Sample Plucker documents] for dozens of different ebooks and other works.
* [http://www.plkr.org/ Plucker website]
* [http://projects.plkr.org/ Plucker Projects] , aka "Plucker Workshop"
* [http://sourceforge.net/projects/sunrisexp Sunrise Desktop]
* [http://vade-mecum.sourceforge.net/ Vade-Mecum] , Plucker viewer for
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.