- Nawal 2009
Nawal 2009 Studio album by Nawal El Kuwaiti Released November 6, 2008 Genre Pop Length 69 Minutes Nawal El Kuwaiti chronology Nawal 2006
Nawal 2009 is a 2009 album by the singer Nawal El Kuwaiti.
- "Thagat Alieek" (It Annoys You)
- "Meshtag Galoli" (I Hear That You Miss Me)
- "Sam" (Tell Me Whatever You Want)
- "Leeh Saket" (Why So Quiet?)
- "Hathay Jededah" (That's A New One)
- "Mo Leyah" (At All)
- "May Eini" (The Apple Of My Eye)
- "Sah" (Right?)
- "Ghab Norak" (Your Light Faded)
- "Khadah" (A Joke)
- "Aghla Hob" (Precious Love)
- "Has Be Ghaltita" (He Recognized His Mistake)
- "Mn Alemak" (Who Taught You)
- "Eyon Al Nas" (People's Eyes)
- "Wean Inthaa" (Were Do I End?)
Nawal is scheduled to appear on Kelmet Fassil (The Word Of The Season) hosted by Joumana abu Eid.
- "Mo Leyah featuring Mishaal Orouj" (At All) : The song debuted at number 1 on Rotana's PEPSI Top 20, making history as it became the first song to ever debut at number 1 on the chart. The following week the song dropped to number 4. However, it regained its top spot the following week beating Nancy Ajram's World Music Award Winning Song "Bitfakar Fee Eih" and Najwa Karam's "Ma Bkhabee Alaik". It is the most successful khaleeji song on the chart and remains one of Nawal's most successful songs to date. The music video was directed by Tarek Aryan as it was shot in Turkey.
- "Laih Saket" (Why So Quiet) : The music video was shot in Turkey under the direction of Tarek Aryan and premiered on December 12.
- "Agha Hob" (Radio Single) : Despite the fact that no official release was set for the song, the song has peaked at number 1 at Marina FM. It is unknown whether an official release for the song will take place.
Chart performance and impact
Kuwaiti's latest album debuted at number 1 on Rotana's Khaleeji album charts and at number 2 on Rotana's Egyptian charts, marking the first time that she has appeared on the Egyptian Charts and the first time for a khaleeji album to ever appear on the Egyptian Charts.
Two weeks after the album's release, Rotana, Nawal's production company announced the second shipping of album copies around the Arab World, thus certifying it platinum in just two weeks' time.
According to StaRate[clarification needed], Nawal 2009 became fifth best selling album of 2008 one month after its release in November.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.