- Trennert Type Foundry
Schriftgiesserei J.D. Trennert & Sohn Type Aktiengesellschaft Industry Type foundry Headquarters Altona, Germany
The following foundry types were issued by the Trennert foundry:
- Fortuna (1930, Friedrich Bauer)
- Friedrich-Bauer-Grotesk (before 1936, Friedrich Bauer), in adition to a basic face, there were three other versions, halbfette, fette, and an in-line version, lichte. Also cast by Genzsch & Heyse, A.G..
- Potsdam Schnitt (before 1936), four versions, magerer, halbfetter, fetter, and schmal-halbfetter.
- Rheingold (1936, Erich Mollowitz), in two weights, magerer and fetter. Later copied by Weber as Forelle and by Stephenson Blake as Mercury.
- Trennert (1926-27, Friedrich Bauer), in adition to a basic face, there an italic (with swash capitals), a semi-bold, a bold, and a bold condensed.
- ^ Genzmer, Fritz, "Das Buch des Setzers," 1948.
- ^ List of foundry types taken from these sources:
- Jaspert, W. Pincus, W. Turner Berry and A.F. Johnson, The Encyclopedia of Type Faces, Blandford Press Lts.: 1953, 1983, ISBN 0-7137-1347-X, p. 2408-249.
- "Foundry Type Fonts of German Type Foundries at the End of the Nazi Era Pro". Ulrich Stiehl. 1999-02-22. http://www.sanskritweb.net/fontdocs/genzmer.pdf. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.