- Mary MacKillop College
Mary MacKillop College Location Wakeley, New South Wales, Australia Information Type Secondary college Motto Called to Life Denomination Roman Catholic Established 1991 Principal Narelle Archer Staff 71 (2006)  Enrolment 932 (2006)  Colour(s) Maroon,pink, light blue and grey Slogan "Called to Life" Website http://www.mmcwakeley.catholic.edu.au/
Mary MacKillop College is a Catholic secondary school for girls located in Wakeley, New South Wales, providing Catholic education to the Smithfield, Fairfield, Cabramatta and Villawood parishes in the Fairfield area of Sydney. The school was originally founded as Rosary High School in 1946 in Fairfield, while the Sisters of St Joseph, a teaching order founded by Mary MacKillop, have been engaged in the area since 1931. In its current form the college was established in 1991, and is one of the newest schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney. Mary MacKillop Colleges emphasises community, and each of the school's houses - Arena, Crosio, Goolagong, Henderson, McCormack and O'Shane - are named after women the school sees as worthy role models for the students. To promote a sense of community across year groups, pastoral care groups incorporate students from Year 7 to Year 12. Mary MacKillop College offers core and elective courses for junior students and a range of HSC courses for senior students.
- ^ a b c d About Our School, accessed 1 March 2008
- ^ a b Annual Report to the Community 2006, accessed 29 March 2008
- ^ Schools, accessed 29 March 2008
- ^ Mary MacKillop College Wakeley - AJASS, accessed 8 March 2008
- ^ Pastoral Care, accessed 29 March 2008
- ^ For the Juniors, accessed 29 March 2008
- ^ For the Seniors, accessed 29 March 2008
- Roman Catholic schools in Australia
- High schools in New South Wales
- Private schools in New South Wales
- 1991 establishments in Australia
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.