- Belén Rodríguez
Born Maria Belén Rodríguez Cozzani
September 20, 1984
Nationality Argentinian Occupation Showgirl, model, actress and Italian television personality Partner Marco Borriello
María Belén Rodríguez Cozzani (Spanish pronunciation: [maˈɾi.a βeˈlen roðˈɾiɣeθ koˈθani]) (born 20 September 1984) is an Argentinian showgirl, model, television personality, and actress who lives and works in Italy. She is known by the name of Belén Rodríguez and has presented many variety shows. In 2009 and 2010, she has appeared in television commercials alongside actor Christian De Sica advertising a popular mobile phone network operating company. In December 2010, she made her acting debut as the female protagonist in the Italian film Natale in Sudafrica.
Belén was born in Córdoba, Argentina, to Gustavo Rodriguez and Veronica Cozzani de Rodriguez. Her mother is of Italian descent, being the daughter of immigrants from La Spezia. She began her modeling career at the age of 17 while still attending high school. Besides her native Argentina, she worked also in Miami and Mexico, before she moved to Italy in 2005; where she has worked as a model, showgirl and has presented variety shows such as Scherzi a parte, Love Bugs 4, and Sarabanda. In 2007, she made her television debut in a small local network, Teleboario, and later was hired to co-host the variety programme La Tintoria on Rai Tre, the third channel of the national television network.
She posed for Max magazine in June 2008, and in the autumn of the same year, she appeared on the reality show L'isola dei famosi, which was televised by Rai Due.
In 2009 and 2010, she appeared in television commercials, advertising a mobile phone network operating company. She also modelled jewellery during this period.
Belén was a guest performer at the prestigious, televised Italian song contest, the Sanremo Music Festival, where she sang a duet with singer Toto Cutugno on 18 February 2010.
At the end of 2010, she made her acting debut as the female protagonist in the Italian comedy film Natale in Sudafrica (Christmas in South Africa). In February 2011 she co-hosted the Sanremo Music Festival with Gianni Morandi and Elisabetta Canalis.
Following the break-up of her highly-publicised romance with Italian footballer Marco Borriello, she has since been the companion of Sicilian photographer and television personality, Fabrizio Corona; and their relationship has been the subject of many gossip magazine articles.
- Tintoria (2007) - Rai 3
- Circo Massimo show (2007/2010) - Rai 3
- Pirati (2008) - Rai 2
- L'isola dei famosi (2008) - Rai 2
- Scherzi a parte (2009) - Canale 5
- No Scherzi No Party (2009) - Canale 5
- Sarabanda (2009) - Canale 5
- Stiamo tutti bene (2010) - Rai 2
- Festival di Sanremo (2011) - Rai 1
- Ciak...si canta! (2011) - Rai 1
- Colorado (2011) - Italia 1
- Il commissario Montalbano, TV series (2010/2011)
- Natale in Sudafrica, (2010)
- Se sei così ti dico di sì (2011)
- ^ (Italian)Renato Franco (5 10 2010). "Festival di Sanremo, ok a Morandi. Ci saranno anche Belen ed Elisabetta". Corriere della Sera (Italy): p. 41. http://www.corriere.it/spettacoli/10_ottobre_05/morandi-stop-trattativa-sanremo-rai_c3a0c644-d098-11df-9b01-00144f02aabc.shtml. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- ^ Corriere delle sera, 17 December 2008
- ^ Corriere delle sera, 14 January 2009,
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.