- Jersey Couture
Jersey Couture Production Executive producer(s) Brian Flanagan
Laura Palumbo Johnson
Jacqueline Cardillo Garofano
Production company(s) Magilla Entertainment Broadcast Original channel Oxygen Original run June 1, 2010– present External links Website
Jersey Couture is a television series produced by Magilla Entertainment for Oxygen that premiered on June 1, 2010. The show follows the interactions of the Scali family as they work together running Diane & Co., a dress boutique in Freehold, New Jersey. The show focuses on the operations of the store as well as the personal lives of the owners and staff.
Prom Dress Incident
On Friday, May 20, 2011, Diane Scali, owner of the dress shop Diane & Co., which is featured on the show made international headlines when she refused to issue a refund on a dress from a 16 year old girl whose boyfriend and prom date died in a car accident just 2 weeks before her prom. Scali was quoted in the media as saying "It's not my fault her boyfriend died.","The family was calling for a refund before the kid was in the morgue", among others. Friends of the teen launched facebook page to boycott Diane & Co. and within 5 days had 15,000 fans worldwide supporting the teenager. Scali made headlines in newspapers and television from New York to Los Angeles and United Kingdom. On Monday, May 23rd, Diane & Co. was the butt of talk show radio angst as local and national radio programs discussed her choice to wage war on the young girl. In the end, after nearly a weeklong battle which included the cast of the show, their publicist and lawyers, Diane & Co. refunded the $1,500 dress to the girls' father, but maintained they were simply the victim of internet cyberbullying.
- Diane Scali-Diane is the owner of the dress shop, Diane & Co. Married to Sal -- and mother to Kimberly, Christina, and Anthony -- she sells dresses and, along with her daughters, designs custom gowns for clients. 
- Kimberly "Kim" Gambale-The oldest daughter, Kimberly helps manage the dress shop with her mother. Kimberly is co-creator of Diane & Co.’s Fluff Me Service, which provides "day of" pampering to clients at their special events. Kimberly is married and has a 1-year-old daughter.
- Christina "Chrissy" Scali-The middle child, Christina is fresh from leaving her parents’ home. Testing the boundaries as a single woman in New Jersey, Christina’s love life is always a topic of conversation in the shop.
- Anthony Scali-The youngest Scali, works as a DJ in a party planning business, Scali Entertainment. Anthony often offers advice and light-hearted teasing.
- Sal Scali-Diane's husband. Along with Anthony, Sal provides a sounding board for the other staff members.
- Mac Duggal-One of the shop's main dress suppliers whose store they visit in Chicago.
Episode number Title Original airdate 101 "I Only Want Couture For My Jersey Store" June 1, 2010 102 "Chrissy's Supersweet 16" June 8, 2010 103 "Jersey Goes Aspen" June 15, 2010 104 "Fashion Tweak" June 22, 2010 105 "Pageants and Passions" June 29, 2010 106 "Prom Mania" July 6, 2010 107 "Fame and Fashion" July 13, 2010 108 "Should I Stay, or Should I Go" July 20, 2010
- ^ Silver, Katie (23 May 2011). "Prom dress store owned by reality TV star 'rejects girl seeking refund… to pay for her dead boyfriend's funeral'". Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1389723/Prom-dress-store-rejects-girl-seeking-refund-pay-dead-boyfriend-s-funeral.html?ito=feeds-newsxml.
- ^ Daily News (New York). http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/21/2011-05-21_tragic_situation_turns_into_public_relations_nightmare_for_famous_new_jersey_dre.html.
- ^ http://www.jacksonnjonline.com/2011/05/20/developing-story-oxygen-networks-jersey-couture-television-show-star-focal-point-of-jackson-outrage/
- ^ http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Boycott-Diane-Co-Freehold-NJ/149647385104389
- ^ http://jersey-couture.oxygen.com/meet-the-cast-jersey-couture/diane-bio
- ^ http://jersey-couture.oxygen.com/meet-the-cast-jersey-couture/kimberly-bio
- ^ http://jersey-couture.oxygen.com/meet-the-cast-jersey-couture/christina-bio
- ^ http://jersey-couture.oxygen.com/meet-the-cast-jersey-couture/anthony-bio
- ^ http://jersey-couture.oxygen.com/meet-the-cast-jersey-couture/sal-bio
- ^ "Jersey Couture-I Only Want Couture For My Jersey Store". Yahoo!. http://tv.yahoo.com/jersey-couture/show/i-only-want-couture-for-my-jersey-store/episode/240269;_ylt=AncYDZoTlNDkD1Pfg.5wXV8bqdEF. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- ^ "Jersey Couture-Chrissy's Supersweet 16". Yahoo!. http://tv.yahoo.com/jersey-couture/show/episode-102/episode/240774;_ylt=AizP1P75wIwowecf8b1xsQf3f71_. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- ^ "Jersey Couture-Jersey Goes Aspen". Yahoo!. http://tv.yahoo.com/show/46268/castcrew;_ylt=Anha2Z4xfqodKSopZJepgVT3f71_. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- ^ "Jersey Couture-Fashion Tweak". Yahoo!. http://tv.yahoo.com/jersey-couture/show/fashion-tweak/episode/242122. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- ^ "Jersey Couture- Pageants and Passions". Yahoo!. http://tv.yahoo.com/jersey-couture/show/46268/season/99054. Retrieved 24 June 2010.
- ^ a b c "Jersey Couture-Prom Mania". Yahoo!. http://tv.yahoo.com/jersey-couture/show/prom-mania/episode/243188;_ylt=AhRUeb4h_Keb90VAspOFK673f71. Retrieved 1 July2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.