- Dancing Co-Ed
Dancing Co-ed Directed by S. Sylvan Simon Produced by Edgar Selwyn Written by Albert Treynor (story)
Herbert Fields (uncredited)
Starring Lana Turner
Studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Distributed by Loews, Inc. Release date(s) September 29, 1939 Running time 84 minutes Country United States Language English
Dancing Co-ed is a 1939 romantic comedy film starring Lana Turner, Richard Carlson, and Artie Shaw as himself.
When a dancer's partner becomes pregnant, a nation-wide search is instituted to find a replacement from among college women. A perfect choice is found, but she is not in school, resulting in various hijinks.
- Lana Turner as Patty Marlow
- Richard Carlson as Michael "Pug" Braddock
- Artie Shaw as Himself
- Ann Rutherford as Eve Greeley
- Lee Bowman as Freddy Tobin
- Thurston Hall as Henry W. Workman
- Leon Errol as Sam "Pops" Marlow
- Roscoe Karns as Joe Drews
- Mary Field as Miss Jenny May
- Walter Kingsford as President Cavendish
- Mary Beth Hughes as "Toddy" Tobin
- June Preisser as "Ticky" James
- Monty Woolley as Professor Lange
- Chester Clute as Pee Wee
Veronica Lake has a small uncredited part.
- Dancing Co-Ed at the Internet Movie Database
- Dancing Co-Ed at the TCM Movie Database
- Dancing Co-Ed at AllRovi
- English-language films
- 1939 films
- American films
- American romantic comedy films
- Black-and-white films
- Films directed by S. Sylvan Simon
- 1930s comedy film stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.