- Bible translations into Hawaii Pidgin
Da Jesus Book: Hawaii Pidgin New Testament Country United States Language Hawaiian Pidgin Subject(s) Christianity Publisher Wycliffe Bible Translators Publication date July 2000 ISBN 978-0938978213
To date there is only one translation of part of the Bible into Hawaiian Pidgin, Da Jesus Book: Hawaii Pidgin New Testament is a translation of the New Testament into Hawaiian Pidgin. The book is 752 pages long, and was published by Wycliffe Bible Translators in 2000. The Old and New Testaments are accessible online. Since hitting the shelves critics have tried to ban the book due to it being an example of "slang" and a "degraded form of English".  
It was translated by a retired Cornell University linguistics professor Joseph Grimes, who worked with 26 Pidgin speakers 12 years on it.
Translation John 3:16 Da Jesus Book God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva.
- ^ Book Review - Da Jesus Book: Hawaiian Pidgin New Testament
- ^ Da Jesus Book - Hawaiian Pidgin New Testament
- ^ Da Hawai`i Pidgin Bible
- ^ A history of Bible translation Philip A. Noss - 2007 -", and the Hawaiian Pidgin New Testament (Da Jesus Book) in 2000"
This article about a book related to Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.