- Comparison of Adobe Flex charts
The following comparison of Adobe Flex charts provides charts classification, compares Flex chart products for different chart type availability and for different visual features like 3D versions of charts.
Prices and other information most actual on April 2010.
This gallery shows:
- Bar/Column chart - uses bars/columns to show frequencies or values for different categories.
- Line chart - two-dimensional Scatterplot of ordered observations where the observations are connected following their order.
- Pie chart - shows percentage values as a slice of a pie.
- Area chart - line chart which displays graphically quantitive data. The area between axis and line are commonly emphasized with colors, textures and hatchings.
- Scatter plot - type of mathematical diagram using Cartesian coordinates to display values as collection of points for two variables for a set of data.
- Circular charts - Radar chart (Spider chart) or Polar chart is a two-dimensional chart of three or more quantitative variables represented on axes starting from the same point.
- Accumulation charts - Pyramid (Cone) or Funnel chart displays data that, when combined, equals 100%.
- Tree/Heat map - chart where the areas of the rectangles correspond to values. Other dimensions can be represented with colour or hue.
- Finance chart - stock market prices are often depicted with an open-high-low-close chart with a traditional bar chart of volume at the bottom.
- Gauge chart – a chart which displays its data as real-world mechanical or electronic gauge does.
- Cartogram chart is a map in which some thematic mapping variable – such as population, economic etc – is substituted for land area.
- Gantt chart - helps in scheduling complex projects.
- Dependency graph is a directed graph representing dependencies of several objects towards each other.
- Nomogram - a two-dimensional diagram designed to allow the approximate graphical computation of a function: it uses a coordinate system other than Cartesian coordinates.
- Organizational chart is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs.
- Flow chart - a diagram, that represents an algorithm or process, showing the steps as boxes of various kinds, and their order by connecting these with arrows.
Flex Chart products
Chart type / Framework Adobe Flex build-in charts Axiis BirdEye Flare Flexmonster IBM ILOG Elixir Kap IT Labs yFiles amCharts Demos Tour de Flex, Demo Demo Demo Demo Demo Demo On the web site Demo Demo Cost Free Free Free Free Non-free
contact vendor for prices
Non-free £ 556 (for EULA),
contact vendor for OEM
Free for non-commercial,
€ 2'500 (VAT excluded) for
full 1-developer package
contact vendor for prices
Free (with link to amCharts) link-free from €85} License MPL MIT MIT BSD Proprietary Proprietary Proprietary Proprietary Proprietary Open source Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No No Yes Bar/Column charts Simple Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No No Yes Stacked Yes Yes Yes Yes No Yes No No Yes Floating (Range) Yes Yes No No No No No No Yes Waterfall Yes Yes No No No No No No Yes Layered No Yes Yes No No Yes No No Yes Line charts Simple Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No No Yes Spline (Curve) Yes Yes Yes No No No No No Yes Step Yes No No No No Yes No No Yes Pie charts Simple Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No Yes Doughnut (Ring) Yes Yes Yes Yes No Yes Yes No Yes Exploded Yes No No No No Yes Yes No No Stacked No Yes Yes No No Yes Yes No No Area charts Simple Yes Yes Yes Yes No Yes No No Yes Spline (Curve) Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No No Yes Stacked Yes Yes Yes Yes No Yes No No Yes Floating (Range) No Yes Yes No No No No No Yes Histogram (Step) Yes No No No No Yes No No Yes Scatter plot charts Simple Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No No Yes Bubble Yes Yes Yes No No No No No Yes Circular charts Radar No No Yes No No Yes Yes No Yes Polar No No Yes No No No No No Yes Accumulation charts Pyramid No No No No No No No No No Funnel No No No No No No No No No Tree/Heat map charts Tree map No Yes Yes Yes No Yes Yes No No Heat map No No No No No Yes No No No Finance charts OHLC Yes No No No No No No No Yes Candlestick Yes No No No No No No No Yes Kagi No No No No No No No No No Gauge charts No No No No No Yes No No No Cartogram charts No No Yes No No Yes No No No Gantt charts No No No No No Yes No No No Dependency graphs No No Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes No Nomograms Smith chart No Yes No No No No No No No Organizational charts No No No No No Yes Yes Yes No Flow charts No No No No No Yes No Yes No
Flex Chart features
Feature / Framework Adobe Flex build-in charts Axiis BirdEye Flare Flexmonster IBM ILOG Elixir Kap IT Labs yFiles amCharts 3D charts No No No No No Yes No No Yes Rotate, zoom chart in 3D No No No No No Yes No No No Show-up & other animation effects Yes No Partial
(only for Dependency Graph)
(only for Pie Chart)
Yes No Yes Yes Interactive legend Via customization, see No No No No Via customization Yes No Yes Show total values over the bars Yes see, see Yes No No No Yes Yes No Yes String formater for labels Yes Yes No No No Yes ? ? Yes Ability to define custom color for each bar (chart item) Yes see, see ? ? ? ? Yes ? ? Yes Combined charts Yes - see No Yes No No Yes No No Yes Multiple axis Yes - see No No No No No No No Yes
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.