- The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers
The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers is the main representative organisation of mathematics teachers in Australia. Membership is via affiliated state organisations. The AAMT conducts a number of activities including "Reach for the stars" [http://yass.yourguide.com.au/news/local/news/general/mount-carmel-school-on-target-with-literacy-and-numeracy/1280331.aspx] an activity for students, as well as submissions to government bodies [http://www.dest.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/E75BB307-3640-4CC0-84B1-0141193A43AC/1879/RTTE60.PDF] and reports on issues relevant to mathematics teaching [http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,23509734-13881,00.html]
The AAMT has a federal structure consisting of these state, territory and regional mathematics associations [http://www.aamt.edu.au/About-AAMT/State-Territory-Associations] :
* [http://www.pa.ash.org.au/canberramaths/| Canberra Mathematical Association]
* [http://www.mansw.nsw.edu.au/| Mathematical Association of New South Wales]
* [http://www.masa.on.net/| Mathematical Association of South Australia]
* [http://mat.aamt.edu.au/| Mathematical Association of Tasmania]
* [http://www.mav.vic.edu.au/| Mathematical Association of Victoria]
* [http://www.mawainc.org.au/| Mathematical Association of Western Australia]
* [http://www.mtant.org.au/| Mathematics Teachers Association of the Northern Territory]
* New England Mathematical Association
* Newcastle Mathematical Association
* [http://primarymaths.bigpondhosting.com/| Primary Mathematics Association of South Australia]
* [http://www.qamt.org/| Queensland Association of Mathematics Teachers]
* [http://www.pa.ash.org.au/scmainc/| Southern Cross Mathematical Association] The AAMT is governed by a council of representatives from these associations which appoints an executive consisting of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and either a President Elect or Immediate Past President. [http://www.aamt.edu.au/Documentation/Constitution/AAMT-Constitution]
The AAMT publish "Standards for Excellence in Teaching Mathematics in Australian Schools" as a guide for the improvement and maintenance of teaching standards in mathematics in Australian schools [http://www.aamt.edu.au/Standards] [http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,24007244-13881,00.html] .
The AAMT publishes three journals:
* Australian Primary Mathematics Classroom (APMC) - primary school mathematics education.
* The Australian Mathematics Teacher (AMT) - secondary school mathematics up to age 16
* Australian Senior Mathematics Journal (ASMJ) - senior secondary (Years 11 and 12) and early tertiary mathematics.
* AAMT website [http://www.aamt.edu.au/]
* Australian Primary Mathematics Classroom (APMC) [http://www.aamt.edu.au/Webshop/Entire-catalogue/Australian-Primary-Mathematics-Classroom]
* The Australian Mathematics Teacher (AMT) [http://www.aamt.edu.au/Webshop/Entire-catalogue/Australian-Mathematics-Teacher]
* Australian Senior Mathematics Journal (ASMJ) [http://www.aamt.edu.au/Webshop/Entire-catalogue/Australian-Senior-Mathematics-Journal]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.