- Dill Mill Gaye
show_name = Dill Mill Gaye
Medical Drama Romance
runtime = approx. 22 min.
Mohnish Behl Shilpa Anand Karan Singh Grover Sukirti Kandpal Sunaina Gulia
last_aired = present
num_seasons = -
num_episodes = 89
"Dill Mill Gayye", known as DMG, is one of the most watched Indian television serials that airs on STAR One from Monday to Thursday at 8:30 PM IST. It is the sequel of the TV series "Sanjivani". Dill Mill Gayye is a show aimed at urban educated youth. Set in Sanjeevani Hospital, it deals with the lives of young doctors.
* Dr Ridhima GuptaRidhima is a warm hearted, kind and good-natured girl. The single most important thing in her life is to make her father proud of her achievements. She is intelligent and modern in her outlook on life, and yet respects and represents all the core Indian values. Quick to forgive and forget, at the same time she will not take blatant injustice lying down. Ridhima's weak spot is Anjali, as she allows Anjali to always get the better of her due to her own sweet nature. Another intern, Armaan, irritates her to the point of losing her temper. She falls in love with Armaan but her ego drives them apart.
* Dr. Armaan Mallik22 year old Armaan represents the new age man; one who is self confident, efficient, cheeky, but yet a kind person at heart. He is also extremely handsome. His professional life is very important to him. He enjoys female company and is used to being the center of female attention and also knows how to sustain that attention. Armaan comes from an affluent family and has never wanted for anything ever in his life. Beneath the suave and confident exterior lies a focused doctor, whose sole aim is to outgrow the stigma of being the son of an alcoholic anaesthesiologist. He falls in love with Ridhima. His life is centered around Ridhima.
* Dr. Anjali GuptaAnjali at 22, is Shashank's older daughter and is used to having her way. Extremely beautiful, she is quiet conscious of her looks and not above using them. She is manipulative and conniving. She is a good doctor in her own right, though she is never a favourite amongst the patients, owing to her to-the-point attitude. Her ultimate aim is to be the head of Sanjivani, as she will have power and respectability, and make her the fitting heir apparent to Shashank's legacy. She will employ all the methods of saam, daam, dand and bhed to get whatever she sets her eyes on. She is also protective about Ridhima. Being her grandma's favourite she helps set her father up with nurse Padma knowing he needs a life partner. Even though she is hounded by lovestruck Atul, she handles him with maturity, but starts developing some feelings for him when she realizes he loves her deeply.
* Dr. Atul JoshiAtul is the best guy friend a girl can ever have, without ever making him a real boyfriend. He is a good natured, easy going boy, who has become a doctor to fulfill the wish of his dead father. His father worshiped Sanjeevani and Shashank Gupta and he has come to pay his tribute to the man who adopted him. He is always treated like one of the girls when girlie talks are being discussed. When he realizes certain people cannot be changed, he empties trash, puts cups in trash and carries his own porcelain cup so that the use of Styrofoam cups in Sanjivani can be reduced. He likes Anjali but Anjali never takes him seriously.
* Dr. Rahul GrewalHe is a smart, once-ugly new intern from Sanjivani Amritsar. Everyone in the college would laugh at him and all the girls would roam around with Armaan. He liked one girl-'Sonia'in his college who in turn liked Armaan. He is now in Sanjeevani and is out to trouble Armaan. He does have a softer side.
* Dr. Muskaan ChaddaShe is a Punjabi chatter box and the new intern from Sanjivani Amritsar. Her family has known Rahul's family for a while and was once engaged to him, but that didn't work out. She hates Rahul. She loves her 'Dhanu' or her Scooty a lot. Dr. Keerti often lectures her because of her foolish but funny questions. She can make one laugh with her Punjabi jokes and bad words. She and Rahul are pretending to be married.
* Dr. ShubhankarHe is the head cardiologist of Sanjivani and is very dedicated and efficient in his work. He lost his wife in an accident and was depressed about it, but in a period of time, he recovered from it. He has a small bubbly daughter. He likes Keerti a lot, but feels shy to tell her.
* Dr. Keerti MehraShe is the strict disciplinarian who gives her interns their duties and is very good in her work. She does not tolerate interns' mistakes. She is strict but caring.
* NaniShe is Dr. Smriti's mother and is very sweet, loving and caring. She loves Ridhima and Anjali a lot. She knows that Shashank has feelings for Padma and as she lost her daughter, and she wants someone to take care of Shashank, Ridhima and Anjali. Hence, she and Anjali are matchmakers for Padma and Shashank.
* Padma GuptaShe was the head nurse of Sanjivani and also is Ridhima's birth mother. She quit her job when she married Shashank. She is very loving, caring, sweet and good at heart. She has placed herself as a family member of the Gupta family now.
Mohnish Behl...Dr. Shashank Gupta
Shilpa Anand... Dr. Riddhima Gupta (2007-2008)
Karan Singh Grover... Dr. Armaan Mallik
* Sukirti Kandpal ... Dr. Riddhima Gupta (2008- present)
Sunaina Gulia... Dr. Anjali Gupta
Pankit Thakker... Dr. Atul Joshi
Muskaan Mehani... Dr. Sapna Shah (2007-2008)
Shweta Gulati... Dr. Nikita
* Drushti Dhumi...Dr. Muskaan Chadda
* Mayank Anand...Dr. Rahul Garewal
Ayaz Khan... Dr. Shubhankar
Sonia Singh... Dr. Kirti Mehra
Shilpa Tulaskar...Padma Gupta / Nurse Padma
Vinita Malik... Shashank's mother-in-law or Nani
Dill Mill Gayye is a show aimed at the urban educated youth. Set in the backdrop of a hospital it deals with the pressures, the drama, the romance, the inter personal relationships and humour in the lives of young doctors. Keeping the environment of a hospital in mind, the characters of the show are real, their issues are believable and the approach is dramatic, but never unreal, albeit emotional and fun filled.
* In the United Kingdom, it airs on "
STAR One" from Monday to Thursday at 9:00 PM. The whole week's episode repeats on Saturday from 12 to 2 in the afternoon
* In the United States and Canada, it airs on STAR One from Monday to Thursday at 9:00 PM ET and 9:30 PM PT.
* In India, repeat telecasts of the show air on STAR One from Monday to Thursday at 11:00 PM, 1:30 PM and 8:30 PM IST. The whole week's episodes are repeated on Saturday from 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM IST.
* In Hong Kong, it airs on STAR One on now TV channel 797. The repeat comes during the day at 9:00 am, 4:00 pm, 8:00 pm and the episodes come at 12:00am
ongs of Dill Mill Gayye
* Aasmani Rang Ho Sung by Aishwarya (Contestant and Winner of SVOI Chhote Ustaad)
* Ishq Leta Hai Kaise Imthihaan Sung by an unknown singer
* Dill Mill Gayye Title Track Sung by
Sonu Nigam(famous Indian singer) and " Prajakta Shukre" (Contestant of Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star)
* Dill Mill Gayye (Sad version) Sung by
* [http://starone.indya.com/serials/dmg/index.html Official Site on STAR One]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.