Central Sierra Field Research Stations
- Central Sierra Field Research Stations
The [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/CSFRS/ Central Sierra Field Research Stations] is a regional group of UC Berkeley field research & education reserves located on both sides of the crest of California's Sierra-Nevada mountains, north of Lake Tahoe.
Several of the CSFRS reserves lie within the headwaters of the North Fork of the American River. On September 26, 2006, a consortium of land owners & managers including: the North Fork Association, Chickering Parnership, USDA Forest Service Tahoe National Forest, US Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station & Regents of the University of California signed a Conservation and Research Agreement addressing future cooperative management of the approximately 19,670 acres of public & private lands in this watershed.
CSFRS is comprised of ( [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/CSFRS/Area%20map.htm click for an area map] ):
* Sagehen Creek Field Station
* Central Sierra Snow Lab
* Onion Creek Experimental Watershed
* North Fork Association Lands
* Chickering American River Reserve
Sagehen Creek Field Station serves as the hub of this network, offering accessible accommodations, classrooms, support & resources unavailable at the other, sometimes remote reserves.
Digital elevation models & other GIS datasets for the CSFRS are available.
For information regarding research & education access to the reserves, publications, theses, additional data, etc. please contact the individual Reserve Managers through their web-sites (where available), or contact the Station Manager at Sagehen Creek Field Station.
* [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/info.htm Sagehen Creek Field Station] .
* [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/CSFRS/ Central Sierra Field Research Stations]
* [http://research.chance.berkeley.edu/cssl/ Central Sierra Snow Lab]
* [http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/ef/onion_creek/ Onion Creek Experimental Watershed]
* [http://nrs.ucop.edu/Chickering-American-River.htm Chickering American Reserve]
* [http://research.chance.berkeley.edu/ Berkeley Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research]
* [http://nrs.ucop.edu/ University of California Natural Reserve System]
* [http://bnhm.berkeley.museum/ Berkeley Natural History Museums]
* [http://cbc.berkeley.edu/ California Biodiversity Center]
* [http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/tahoe/ USDA Forest Service]
* [http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/tahoe/ Tahoe National Forest]
* [http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/ Pacific Southwest Research Station]
* [http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/ef/ Sagehen Experimental Forest]
Look at other dictionaries:
Sagehen Creek Field Station — Background [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/ Sagehen Creek Field Station] is a research and teaching facility of the University of California at Berkeley s Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, the Berkeley Natural History Museums the California… … Wikipedia
James Kirchner — James W. Kirchner is professor of Earth and Planetary Science at University of California, Berkeley. His current research spans the fields of geomorphology, hydrology, environmental geochemistry, evolutionary ecology, and paleobiology. He… … Wikipedia
James Kirchner — James W. Kirchner est professeur des sciences de la Terre et de planétologie à l université de Berkeley (Californie). Ses recherches actuelles concernent les champs de la géomorphologie, hydrologie, géochimie environnementale, mais aussi de l… … Wikipédia en Français
Spain — /spayn/, n. a kingdom in SW Europe. Including the Balearic and Canary islands, 39,244,195; 194,988 sq. mi. (505,019 sq. km). Cap.: Madrid. Spanish, España. * * * Spain Introduction Spain Background: Spain s powerful world empire of the 16th and… … Universalium
Anthropology and Archaeology — ▪ 2009 Introduction Anthropology Among the key developments in 2008 in the field of physical anthropology was the discovery by a large interdisciplinary team of Spanish and American scientists in northern Spain of a partial mandible (lower… … Universalium
Athens — This article is about the capital of Greece. For other uses, see Athens (disambiguation). Athens Αθήνα Athīna … Wikipedia
pre-Columbian civilizations — Introduction the aboriginal American Indian (Mesoamerican Indian) cultures that evolved in Meso America (part of Mexico and Central America) and the Andean region (western South America) prior to Spanish exploration and conquest in the 16th … Universalium
Norman Borlaug — Dr. Norman Borlaug Borlaug speaking at the Ministerial Methodist Conference and Expo on Agricultural Science and Technology in June 2003 Born … Wikipedia
Bob Citron — – 1975), and the study of the long term future of humanity (Foundation For the Future – 1996). Early careerCitron worked for the Smithsonian Institution for 17 years, establishing satellite tracking stations around the world, and creating and… … Wikipedia
Conservation biology — Biological conservation redirects here. For the journal, see Biological Conservation (journal). For the scientific journal, see Conservation Biology (journal). Efforts are being taken to preserve the natural characteristics of Hopetoun Falls,… … Wikipedia