- Escape Studios
Escape Studios is a computer graphics training, recruitment, hardware and software, and production services company founded in April 2002 and based in
Shepherds Bush, London. Escape has built a reputation delivering premium training, recruitment, software and hardware services to the global computer graphics (CG) community.
The London based company boasts one of the foremost schools of
computer animationand visual effects. Escape’s partnerships with top studios gives students the opportunity to work on ‘live’ visual effects and games projects including 'Battlefield 360' (X-Box 360) and " and .Escape Studios is a leading visual effects recruiter in the UK as well as Europe’s largest reseller for Autodesk® Maya (software™, Pixar® RenderMan® and Boxx Technologies®.
Escape Studios offers full-time courses designed to take complete beginners to the point where they are able to perform at an industry entry level.These are:
Visual Effects, Animation,Characters, Games, and Compositing.
A variety of part-time courses are also available, these include:
* Maya Foundation, [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/courses-main/maya-foundation.html Escape Studios School - Maya Foundation Course ] ]
* Compositing Foundation, [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/courses-main/compositing-foundation.html Escape Studios School - Compositing Foundation Course ] ]
As Pixar’s European distributor and training partner for RenderMan® [ Pixar RenderMan® [https://renderman.pixar.com/products/tools/courseware.html] ] , Escape also offers a RenderMan® Fundamentals course [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/courses-main/renderman-fundamentals.html Escape Studios ] ] in conjunction with Pixar’s official RenderMan courseware. [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/online-courses/renderman-courseware.html Escape Studios Tools - Pixar's RenderMan Courseware ] ] The online RenderMan courseware is Pixar’s official learning tool for the software, and provides content for both academic tutors and existing professional artists alike [Pixar RenderMan® [https://renderman.pixar.com/products/tools/courseware.html] ] . It contains the ‘Fundamentals’, introductory and advanced How To’s and production examples from leading visual effects facilities worldwide. The courseware has a Wiki-based structure to facilitate a flexible and non-linear learning approach, making it "the one authoritative source of RenderMan knowledge" [Saty Raghavachary, [https://renderman.pixar.com/products/tools/courseware.html] ] . RenderMan Fundamentals is a tutor led classroom course, being held at Escape Studios in London on June 23rd 2008.
Escape offers online Maya courses which contain over 600 videos which is equivalent to over 70hrs of online training.
* The Animation course was developed and is taught by
Jeff Pratt[ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/tutors/jeff-pratt.html Escape Studios School - Tutor Jeff Pratt ] ] , a Pixar veteran having worked as an animator on films such as ' Toy Story' 1 and 2, ' A Bug’s Life', ' Monsters Inc'.
* The Characters course was developed and is taught by
Nick Savy[ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/tutors/nick-savy.html Escape Studios School - Tutors Nick Savy ] ] , former Head of FMVat Glassworks,Fact|date=May 2008 Head of Character setup at Indestructable,Fact|date=May 2008 and Senior character TD at Double NegativeFact|date=May 2008 and Cinesite.Fact|date=May 2008
* The Games course was developed and is taught by Simon Fenton, [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/tutors/simon-fenton.html Escape Studios School - Tutor Simon Fenton ] ] having worked on titles such as 'Total NBA '97', 'TIF', '
GetawayBlack Monday', 'Kinetic', 'Kinetic Combat' and Home whilst at Sony.Fact|date=May 2008
* The Visual Effects course is taught by James Owens, [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/tutors/james-owens.html Escape Studios School - Tutors James Owens ] ] and
Bhaumik Patel, [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/tutors/bhaumik-patel.html Escape Studios School - Tutors Bhaumik Patel ] ] both with extensive experience working as VFX professionalsfor companies such as Glassworks,Fact|date=May 2008 PartizanFact|date=May 2008 and Atlantic Digital.Fact|date=May 2008
* The Compositing course is taught by
Mark Pinheiro, [ [http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/school/tutors/mark-pinheiro.html Escape Studios School - Tutors Mark Pinheiro ] ] formerly of three of the most prolific post-production houses in the world- Mill Film,Fact|date=May 2008 Framestore-CFCFact|date=May 2008 and The Moving Picture Company.Fact|date=May 2008
* [http://www.escapestudios.com/ escapestudios.com]
* [http://www.imdb.com/company/co0237343/ Escape Studios on IMDB]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.